The results are in, and I am proud to announce that the Georgia Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate Blog has been nominated as one of the LexisNexis Top 25 Estate, Probate and Elder Law Blogs of 2011.
According to LexisNexis, the honored blogs contain a wealth of information for estate planning and elder law practitioners, with timely news items, practical information, expert analysis, tips, frequent postings, and helpful links to other sites. “The Top 25 group includes some of the best talent in the blogosphere…providing insightful commentary that demonstrates how blogs can—and do—impact and influence estate planning, probate and elder law practice.”
The voting isn't over, though. It is my passion and pleasure to educate my fellow Georgians about Wills, Living Trusts, Guardianship, Advance Directives, Living Wills, Healthcare Powers of Attorney, Probate, Estate Planning and More. If this Blog has been useful to you, I would be honored if you would support me with your vote to make this site NUMBER 1: the Top Estate, Probate and Elder Law Blog of the Year!
You will need to be registered in order to vote. If you haven't previously registered, follow this link to create a new registration or use your sign in credentials from your favorite social media site. Registration is free and does not result in sales contacts. Once you are logged in, you can then vote by checking the box next to GA Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning & Probate Blog (Stephen Worrall), then submitting the results.
The winner will be announced on April 20, 2011 so be sure to vote now!
The following list appeared on the blog Soul Mating and is written by Laura Milligan
Whether you’ve recently separated from your spouse or you’re a single parent ready to move on to another relationship, you can find a lot of free legal advice, therapy and dating tips online. This list of 50 divorce blogs are published with the intention of helping out other separated and divorced individuals as they try to make sense of child custody issues, international divorces, dealing with grief and moving on, and more. Take advantage of these bloggers’ experience and the advice they offer to take back control over your life.
Women will find these divorce blogs helpful as they read about dating tips, domestic violence and more.
- Divorce Diva: The Divorce Diva aims to make "divorce a manageable tragedy" for her readers by sharing news stories, book reviews, jokes and great tips for dealing with a divorce.
- The Emergency Divorce Blog for Women: This blog posts articles about domestic violence "related to divorce" and children.
- Women’s Divorce Blog: Learn about your legal options and get tips on managing your emotional state after a divorce on this blog.
- What’s Love Got to Do With It?: This blog explores "why modern women don’t find their Mr. Right" and can serve as a thought-provoking, challenging guide during or after a divorce.
- Solo Mother: Newly single moms can get tips on coping and managing their hectic lives here.
- Seven Secrets to a Successful Divorce: What Every Woman Needs to Know: Women will find "divorce survival skills" on this blog.
These blogs are written by and for men who are experiencing divorce.
- Successful Divorce Planning for Men: Scroll through the archives on this blog to learn about child custody laws and more.
- Divorce and Evolution: Read the story of this man’s divorce process from his wife of eight years.
- Divorced Dads Matter: Find support and links to divorce and custody resources here.
Find free legal advice from these blogs.
- Lawlady’s Divorce Blog: Get tips on "collaborative divorce" and more from this Seattle holistic divorce attorney.
- New York Family Law and Divorce: New Yorkers going through a divorce will gain insight into their personal case by reading this blog, which covers news stories and more.
- The International Family Law Office: Couples with international ties have an even more complicated struggle when trying to figure out a divorce. Turn to this blog for help.
- NRI Divorce: South Asians and Non-resident Indian couples can use this site as a resource for figuring out relationships, divorce, custody and more.
- Divorce Lawyers Blog: Get tips on finding a lawyer and navigating the legal process of divorce here.
- Illinois Divorce Law Blog: Get news stories and advice that are both unique to Illinois cases and relevant to general cases.
- Divorce Law Journal: This Kentucky divorce law blog also covers news and issues that divorcing couples around the country face.
Dealing with Divorce
From explaining divorce to your children to separating health insurance and other accounts, these blogs have all kinds of tips to help you deal with the different aspects of divorce.
- Darn Divorce: Here you’ll find "random thoughts and news on the dreaded D-word."
- The Evolution of Marriage: This blog can be a helpful resource for those thinking about divorce and those who are already divorced. Read about the natural ups and downs of marriage, as well as the freedom of living on your own.
- Etiquette for Exes: If you’re having trouble being civil with your ex, turn to this blog for tips on how to stop fighting, especially if you want to make it easier on your kids.
- Children and Divorce: Learn about children’s rights and how children deal with divorce here.
- SurviveDivorce.biz: Learn how to manage practical problems, like health insurance and name changes, as well as emotional support on this blog.
- Children of Divorce Blog: Children of Divorce Blog is another resource for parents concerned with the emotional well-being of their children during a divorce.
- Divorce Hotline: Read all about divorce issues here, from preparing yourself for legal fights to moving on.
How do you know when you’re ready to move on? These blogs provide support and ideas for transitioning to another phase of your life.
- Thrive After Divorce: The blog for this ezine shares easy-to-remember mantras and gives tips to help divorced men and women move on.
- Fresh Start After Divorce: Join this community to read articles, connect with others going through a divorce and more.
- Collaborative Divorce Newsblog: Through regular posts and news stories, this blog aims to help "people make respectful, civilized, values-based transitions from couple to single."
- Step by Step: This blog is run by a group of moms who are trying to manage life in a blended family.
- Unfettered Cravings: Read about this newly divorced man’s X-rated adventures — and fantasies — as he gets back into the dating game.
- Sexy Ex: Women who have recently suffered through a breakup get tips on how to rejuvenate their sex life here.
- Prill Boyle’s Defying Gravity: This blog helps those experiencing a major life transition achieve what they want.
- Life After Divorce: New Horizons: Get tips on recovering from divorce, no matter how old you are.
- Maine Divorce Law Blog: In addition to covering issues about the legal side of divorce, this blog features stories about divorce culture, American divorce trends and more.
- Dad’s House: This single dad writes about dating and parenting issues.
In this list you can find general tips and advice about managing your divorce case, exploring child custody options and more.
- Judith’s Divorce Blog: Lawyer Judith Middleton shares her reflections and advice on revenge, compromise and communication.
- California Divorce Blawg: This blog from California lawyer John E. Harding posts about divorce legal news but also includes other divorce-related news stories, statistics, celebrity divorce news and more.
- Chicago Divorce Lawyer: While this blog focuses on divorce news and legal information for those in the Chicago area, it also offers up divorce book reviews, articles on choosing a divorce lawyer and divorce etiquette.
- Florida Divorce: Read up on child custody cases and divorce-related news to learn about settling finances and more.
- Divorce Blog: Read news stories and other articles relating to divorce and legal issues here.
- The Divorce Blog: Recent posts on this blog address news stories, politics and divorce, and remarriage.
- Generation Ex Files: This blogger addresses divorce issues relating to children, surviving the holidays, working out family problems and more.
- Divorce Information: Recent posts on this blog include "Should You Stay or Should You Go?" and "I’m Movin’ On."
- Lifestyle of a Divorced Single Mom: This single mom writes about life lessons, relationship issues, managing work, and more.
These go-to resources include a directory to help you find a lawyer, news stories about family law, and personal blogs about getting through a divorce.
- Total Divorce Blog: Recent posts on this blog include "Making Patchwork Families Work" and "Divorce Lawyers See More Digital Evidence," reporting legal news and giving tips on divorced families.
- Divorce Find: This bare bones blog posts the 10 most recent articles on its site plus other divorce resources for finding lawyers.
- Divorced at 50: This blogger got divorced after a 32-year relationship and now writes articles and posts information for those needing legal, emotional and financial advice.
- Your Child – Your Divorce: If you’re going through a divorce and want advice on how to explain it to your children, turn here.
- Daily Stories on Divorce and Family Law: Here you’ll find stories from different news services covering divorce, child custody and more.
- Divorce Blog: This UK-based site has articles about about children and divorce, divorce law, moving on and more.
- First Wives World: This networking community also features blog posts that offer support and practical advice for divorced women.
- Divorce@Suite101: This resource features articles and more for those experiencing divorce and for divorced singles.
While reading my Twitter posts this week, I was very pleased and surprised to see a post from @lexmonitor indicating that I was named featured author of the day for July 23, 2008! LexMonitor is a daily review of law blogs and journals highlighting prominent legal discussion and the professionals participating in this conversation.
We are celebrating today here at the Georgia Family Law Blog, because our StatCounter statistics show that since we began tracking our blog’s traffic on February 9, 2007, we have recorded over 100,000 page views! This blog went live on January 2, 2007 (after having a much less active "starter" blog for about a year earlier at Blogger) and we have posted over 900 articles in that time.
We are extremely grateful to our readers and hope that we have provided useful content for you. We will continue to do so and will work to make it even better over the coming New Year.
We have added other blogs as well over the past year, including the Georgia Wills and Probate Law Blog, the Georgia Adoption Law Blog, the Tablet PC Lawyer Blog, and we will soon be launching the Georgia Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements Blog and the Georgia Collaborative Law Blog!
We also thank the other terrific family law bloggers and other resources (many of whom are listed in our BlogRolls to the right and others listed specially below) which we have quoted or adapted in our posts, and especially Grant Griffiths, the "BlogFather," and author or editor of the Kansas Family Law Blog, the Home Office Lawyer, Blawg for Profit and Divorce Help Network (among others) for inspiring us and showing us what blogging can be and can do.
Special thanks also go to these fellow bloggers, family law and others:
The statistics, as of this posting, are as follows:
First Time Visitors
The author of the Massachusetts Family Law Blog, Steven Ballard, has assembled and posted his list of what he considers to be the best American family law blogs. I am proud and honored to be included among them. Here is his post and his list:
Although I have been practicing divorce and family law in Massachusetts for many years, I only recently decided to start my own blog, the one you’re wasting your time reading now, of course.
As part of my new adventure, I have read lots and lots of family law blogs over the last few months. I have done this for purely selfish reasons. I need to find the best blogs, so that I can shamelessly steal ideas from them until I can find my own way and maybe my own voice. So, here’s the list of the best American family law blogs I’ve found, a list I’ll call "Ballard’s Best" (in the interests of alliteration and self-promotion).
Ballard’s Best may not be the definitive list. I do suspect I have missed some really good blogs. However, all of the blogs on this list are excellent, among the best to be found on divorce and family law in the U.S. I have found other good family law blogs, but they are not on the list either because they have recently gone to sleep, or they are not based in the U.S. (I hardly feel competent to judge family law blogs based in the U.S., so I certainly wouldn’t judge those in other countries – I have, however, included the International Family Law Blog, by a British blogger based in New York.)
These winning blogs are very different from one another but all have in common the following four characteristics:
1) They regularly contribute original posts about issues in their own particular family law practice, usually specific to their own state’s jurisdiction.
2) Despite having that particular focus, they post articles that should nonetheless prove useful, relevant, and informative to others, both lawyers and non-lawyers, in other jurisdictions.
3) They post regularly.
4) They have been around for some time, usually a year or more.
The blogs that made my list are the family law blogs that appear on my blogroll. In case you’re wondering, most of these bloggers have not put my new blog on their own blogrolls nor have I asked or expected any of them to do so.* Indeed, I don’t meet the criteria for my own list. No matter. If you can’t beat ’em, judge ’em.
Now, here they are, in alphabetical order:
BALLARD’S BEST – THE 11 BEST FAMILY LAW BLOGGERS IN THE US
1) California Divorce and Family Law
2) California Divorce Blawg
3) Family Law Prof Blog
4) Florida Divorce Law Blog
5) Georgia Family Law Blog
6) Indiana Divorce & Family Law Blog
7) International Family Law Blog
8) Kentucky Divorce Law Journal
9) New York Divorce Report
10) Pennsylvania Family Law
11) Updates in Michigan Family Law
SOURCE: Massachusetts Family Law Blog
Georgia Family Law Blog Named Link of the Day!
Georgia Family Law Blog included in Blawg Review #101
Georgia Family Law Blog named as "Blawg of the Day"