Many cases can get settled simply by getting the parties together to talk. This type of informal meeting is called a "settlement conference." The following steps can help you prepare for a settlement conference and improve the chances of its success:
- Identify the issues in your case.
- Understand how the law affects your case.
- Know the estimated costs of trial.
- Remain open to unique opportunities.
- Keep a few secrets.
- Be determined.
- Be ready for a little give and take.
- Be patient.
- Get it in writing.
You can read much more about each of these steps by clicking here.