In an appeal from the Superior Court of Cobb County, the Georgia Supreme Court has reversed an order requiring a husband to pay the wife’s attorney’s fees in the contempt action she brought alleging that he had failed to pay court-ordered child support and had encumbered property he was required to convey to the parties’ minor son. The unanimous decision written by Justice Hugh P. Thompson in Anderson v. Svard, S07A0594, found the trial court abused its discretion because there was no evidence in the record with regard to the financial circumstances of the parties.
- Marietta Elder Law Attorney Advises How to Avoid Living Trust Scams For National Consumer Protection Week
- Cobb County Wills and Trusts Lawyer: How to Handle Underage Beneficiaries
- Cobb County Probate Lawyer: Issues to Consider with an Out-of-State Probate
- Handling a Vacation Home In Wills and Trusts Administration in Cobb County
- Marietta Guardianship Lawyer Answers, “Will My Ex Get My Kids If Something Happens To Me?”