Once you explain the facts and background for your case along with any relevant information, it will be your turn to ask questions of the lawyer to determine if he is the right one for you. Some of the questions you might consider asking the attorney are:
- How long has the lawyer been in practice?
- How much experience does the lawyer have in your type of case?
- How does the lawyer believe the case should be handled?
- What is the lawyer’s anticipated time frame for its completion?
- How will you be expected to participate in your case?
- How will you be kept informed about the status of your case?
- Will the lawyer provide a fee agreement that details fees, expenses, billing, and payment?
SOURCE: South Carolina Family Law Blog